RABISIN The Trusted Vaccine to Fight Rabies FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY.
Rabies vaccine produced on cultures of NIL cells, inactivated with betapropiolactone and adsorbed onto the adjuvant, aluminium hydroxide.
Dogs, Cats, Horses, Cattle, Sheep, Goats.
Inactivated rabies vaccine for the immunisation of dogs, cats, horses, cattle, sheep and goats against rabies by subcutaneous or intramuscular injection.
• Keep out of reach of children, uninformed persons and animals.
• Vaccinate only healthy animals in order to obtain the best possible immune response.
• Although this vaccine has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and inform the registration holder.
• Do not drink, eat or smoke while handling the product.
DOSAGE AND DIRECTIONS FOR USE :
Use only as directed. • Consult a veterinarian on the best vaccination programme schedule for your circumstance.
• Sterilise syringes, needles and equipment by boiling for at least 30 minutes.
• Utilise a separate needle to withdraw the fluid from the vial and a separate needle for each animal to be immunised. It is, however advisable to utilise an automatic syringe when vaccinating a large number of animals.
• Shake well before use.
• Injection to be carried out by the subcutaneous (except in horses) – or intramuscular (in the neck) route according to the schedule below. • Dose is 1 ml irrespective of species.
• Unused and empty vaccine vials must be dipped in an approved disinfectant or burnt before discarded.
VACCINATION SCHEDULE :
|Dogs & cats||–||1 injection from 12 weeks* of age followed by a 2nd
injection 1 year after first injection
|At intervals of up to 3 years**|
|Aged less than 6 months||1 injection from 4 months of age followed by a 2nd
injection 1 month after first injection
|From 6 months of age||1 injection|
|Aged less than 9 months||1 injection from 4 months of age followed by a
2nd injection between 9 and 12 months of age
|From 9 months of age||1 injection|
|* In case a dog or a cat was vaccinated before 12 weeks of age, the primary vaccination scheme should be completed by an injection given at 12 weeks of age or older.
** In any case, the revaccination period should comply with legislation in force in the country.
*** In case a horse, cattle, sheep or goat was vaccinated before 4 months of age, the primary vaccination scheme should be completed by an injection given at 4 months of age or older.
PROTECTION OF DOGS AND CATS:
- All dogs and cats in the Republic shall be immunised with an efficient remedy by an officer, veterinarian or authorised person at the age of three months followed by a second vaccination within 12 months, at least 30 days after the first vaccination and thereafter every three years. However, puppies may be vaccinated at any age after birth, but must thereafter be vaccinated at three months of age, followed by a second vaccination within 12 months, at least 30 days after the first vaccination and thereafter every three years. Although it is required by legislation that dogs and cats be vaccinated against rabies every 3 years in rabies control areas, it is advisable to vaccinate annually..
PROTECTION OF CATTLE, HORSES, SHEEP AND GOATS:
Primary immunisation can be carried out in young animals from the age of 4 months except when they are born to vaccinated mothers. In such a case, it is necessary to postpone primary immunisation until 9 months of age (i.e. after elimination of maternal antibodies.) A booster injection should be given 9 to 12 months after the primary vaccination and thereafter a single injection annually. If uncertainty exists regarding rabies or in the use of RABISIN®, consult your private and/or State Veterinarian or registration holder.
Store in a refrigerator between +2 oC and +8 oC. Do not freeze. Protect from light.
10 ml (10 doses) bottles.
- academy (6)
- Online webinar (18)
- Wayzon events (10)
- veterinary Tips (1)
- services (8)
- Pharmaceuticals (1)
- products (17)
- Antibiotics (6)
- anti inflammatory (2)
- parasiticide (3)
- tonic and supplements (3)
- miscellaneous (7)
- semen (3)
- equipment (8)
- semen A (6)
- about (3)
- Wayzon conferences & Round Table (13)
- Medical convoys (10)