Frontline combo spot-on dog XL
FRONTLINE is a ecto-parasiticide for topical use on dogs. It contains fipronil with insecticidal activity against adult fleas and lice, and acaricidal activity against immature and adult ticks; (s)-methoprene with ovicidal and larvicidal activity against immature fleas .
• Fipronil (402.00 mg)
• (S)methoprene (361.80 mg)
For the treatment of dogs weighing over 40kg bodyweight:. To be used against infestations with fleas, alone or in association with ticks and/or biting lice.
• Treatment of flea infestations (Ctenocephalides spp.). Insecticidal efficacy against new infestations with adult fleas persists for 8 weeks. Prevention of the multiplication of fleas by inhibiting the development of eggs (ovicidal activity) and larvae and pupae (larvicidal activity) originating from eggs laid by adult fleas for eight weeks after application.
• Treatment of tick infestations (Ixodes ricinus, Dermacentor variabilis, Dermacentor reticulatus, Rhipicephalus sanguineus). The product has a persistent acaricidal efficacy for up to 4 weeks against ticks.
• Treatment of infestations with biting lice (Trichodectes canis). The product can be used as part of a treatment strategy for the control of Flea Allergy Dermatitis (FAD).
• In the absence of available data, the product should not be used on puppies less than 8 weeks old.
• In absence of studies, the use of the product is not recommended in non-target species.
• Do not use on sick (e.g. systemic diseases, fever) or convalescent animals.
• This product is specifically developed for dogs.
• Do not use in cats, as this could lead to overdosing.
• Bathing/immersion in water within 2 days after application of the product and more frequent bathing than once a week should be avoided, as no study has been performed to investigate how this affects the efficacy of the product. Emollient shampoos can be used prior to treatment, but reduce the duration of protection against fleas to approximately 5 weeks when used weekly after application of the product. Weekly bathing with a 2% chlorhexidine medicated shampoo did not affect efficacy against fleas during a 6 week long study.
• Dogs should not be allowed to swim in watercourses for 2 days after application.
• There may be an attachment of a few ticks. For this reason a transmission of infectious diseases cannot be completely excluded if conditions are unfavourable.
• Fleas from pets often infest the animal’s basket, bedding and regular resting areas such as carpets and soft furnishings which should be treated, in case of massive infestation and at the beginning of the control measures, with a suitable insecticide and vacuumed regularly.
• Other animals living in the same household should also be treated with a suitable product.
Special precautions for use in animals • Avoid contact with the animal’s eyes.
• It is important to make sure that the product is applied to an area where the animal cannot lick it off and to make sure that animals do not lick each other following treatment. Special precautions to be taken by the person administering the veterinary medicinal product to animals
• This product can cause mucous membrane, skin and eye irritation. Therefore, contact of the product with mouth, skin and eyes should be avoided.
• Animals or operators with a known hypersensitivity to insecticides or alcohol should avoid contact with Frontline Combo Spot on Dog.
• Avoid contents coming into contact with the fingers. If this occurs, wash hands with soap and water.
• After accidental ocular exposure the eye should be rinsed carefully with pure water.
• Wash hands after use.
• Treated animals should not be handled until the application site is dry, and children should not be allowed to play with treated animals until the application site is dry. It is therefore recommended that animals are not treated during the day, but should be treated during the early evening, and that recently treated animals are not allowed to sleep with owners, especially children.
• Do not smoke, drink or eat during application.
Adverse reactions :
• Among the very rare suspected adverse reactions, transient skin reactions on the application site (skin discoloration, local hair loss, itching, redness) and general itching or hair loss have been reported after use. Excessive salivation, reversible nervous signs (increased sensitivity to stimulation, depression, other nervous signs), vomiting or respiratory symptoms have also been observed after use. If licking occurs, a brief period of excessive salivation may be observed due mainly to the nature of the carrier.
• Do not overdose.
Use during pregnancy, lactation:
• The product can be used during pregnancy and lactation.
Dosage and route of administration :
- For external use only – Spot-on application. One pipette of 4.02 ml (XL) per dog weighing over 40 kg, corresponding to a minimum recommended dose of 6.7 mg/kg for fipronil and 6 mg/kg for (S)-methoprene, by topical application to the skin. In the absence of safety studies the minimum treatment interval is 4 weeks. Method of administration:
- • Hold the pipette upright. Tap the narrow part of the pipette to ensure the contents remain within the main body of the pipette. • Snap back the tip. Part the coat on the back of the animal at the base of the neck in front of the shoulder blades until the skin is visible.
- • Place the tip of the pipette on the skin and squeeze the pipette several times to empty its contents completely and directly onto the skin in one spot
- • Temporary changes to the coat (clumped/greasy hair) may be noted at the application site.
• No adverse effects were observed in target animal safety studies in 8-week-old puppies, growing dogs and dogs weighing about 2 kg treated once at five times the recommended dose. The risk of experiencing adverse effects may however increase when overdosing, so animals should always be treated with the correct pipette size according to bodyweight.
• Do not store above 30°C.
• Store in the original package.
Box of 1 blister card of 3 x 4.02 ml pipettes with a scored tip.
- academy (6)
- Online webinar (18)
- Wayzon events (11)
- veterinary Tips (1)
- services (8)
- Dating (1)
- products (16)
- Bitcoin News (1)
- Antibiotics (6)
- New (1)
- anti inflammatory (2)
- Форекс Брокеры (1)
- parasiticide (3)
- Bookkeeping (1)
- Pet Supplies (3)
- Финтех (1)
- Pet Products (7)
- Software development (1)
- semen (3)
- Ai News (1)
- equipment (8)
- semen A (6)
- about (3)
- Wayzon conferences & Round Table (13)
- Medical convoys (10)