Frontline combo spot-on cat
FRONTLINE is a ecto-parasiticide for topical use on cats. It contains fipronil with insecticidal activity against adult fleas and lice, and acaricidal activity against immature and adult ticks; (s)-methoprene with ovicidal and larvicidal activity against immature fleas .
• Fipronil (50.0 mg)
• (S)-methoprene (60.0mg)
To be used against infestations with fleas, alone or in association with ticks and/or biting lice.
• Elimination of fleas (Ctenocephalides spp.). Insecticidal efficacy against new infestations with adult fleas persists for 4 weeks. Prevention of the multiplication of fleas by inhibiting the development of eggs (ovicidal activity), larvae and pupae (larvicidal activity) originating from eggs laid by adult fleas for six weeks after application.
• Elimination of ticks (Ixodes ricinus, Dermacentor variabilis, Rhipicephalus sanguineus). The product has a persistent acaricidal efficacy for up to 2 weeks against ticks (based on experimental data).
• Elimination of biting lice (Felicola subrostratus). The product can be used as part of a treatment strategy for the control of Flea Allergy Dermatitis (FAD).
• In the absence of available data, the product should not be used on kittens less than 8 weeks old and/or weighing less than 1 kg.
• Do not use on sick (e.g. systemic diseases, fever) or convalescent animals.
• In absence of studies, the use of the product is not recommended in non-target species.
• Do not use in case of hypersensitivity to the active substances or to any of the excipients.
• Avoid the contact with the animal’s eyes.
• Other animals living in the same household should also be treated with a suitable product.
Special precautions for use in animals
• It is important to make sure that the product is applied to an area where the animal cannot lick it off and to make sure that animals do not lick each other following treatment.
• No data on the effect of bathing/shampooing on the efficacy of the product in cats and ferrets are available. However, based on information available for dogs shampooed as from 2 days after application of the product, it is not recommended to bath animals within 2 days after application of the product.
• There may be an attachment of single ticks. For this reason a transmission of infectious diseases cannot be completely excluded if conditions are unfavourable.
• Fleas from pets often infest the animal’s basket, bedding and regular resting areas such as carpets and soft furnishings which should be treated, in case of massive infestation and at the beginning of the control measures, with a suitable insecticide and vacuumed regularly.
• The potential toxicity of the product for kittens of less than 8 weeks of age in contact with a treated queen is not documented.
• Special care should be taken in this case. Special precautions to be taken by the person administering the veterinary medicinal product to animals
• This product can cause mucous membrane, skin and eye irritation. Therefore, contact of the product with mouth, skin and eyes should be avoided.
• People with a known hypersensitivity to insecticides or alcohol should avoid contact with the product. Avoid contents coming into contact with the fingers. If this occurs, wash hands with soap and water.
• After accidental exposure the eye should be rinsed carefully with pure water.
• Wash hands after use.
• Treated animals should not be handled until the application site is dry, and children should not be allowed to play with treated animals until the application site is dry. It is therefore recommended that animals are not treated during the day, but should be treated during the early evening, and that recently treated animals are not allowed to sleep with owners, especially children.
• Do not smoke, drink or eat during application.
Adverse reactions :
• Do not overdose.
• Among the very rare suspected adverse reactions, transient skin reactions on the application site (scaling, local hair loss, itching, redness) and general itching or hair loss have been reported after use.
• Excessive salivation, reversible nervous signs (increased sensitivity to stimulation, depression, other nervous signs) or vomiting have also been observed after use.
Use during pregnancy, lactation:
• The product can be used during pregnancy.
• For treatment during the lactating period, see precaution section.
Dosage and route of administration :
- For external use only – Spot-on application. One pipette of 0.5 ml per cat, corresponding to a minimum recommended dose of 5 mg/kg for fipronil and 6 mg/kg for (S)-methoprene, by topical application to the skin. In the absence of safety studies, the minimum treatment interval is 4 weeks. Method of administration:
- • Hold the pipette upright. Tap the narrow part of the pipette to ensure the contents remain within the main body of the pipette.
- • Snap back the tip. Part the coat on the back of the animal at the base of the neck in front of the shoulder blades until the skin is visible.
- • Place the tip of the pipette on the skin and squeeze the pipette several times to empty its contents completely and directly onto the skin in one spot.
- • Temporary changes to the coat (clumped/greasy hair) may be noted at the application site.
• The risk of experiencing adverse effects may increase with overdosing.
• No undesirable effects were observed in target animal safety studies in cats and kittens aged 8 weeks and older and weighing about 1 kg treated once a month at five times the recommended dose for six consecutive months.
• Itching may occur following treatment.
• Overdose application of the product will cause a sticky appearance of hairs at the treatment spot. However, should this occur, it will disappear within 24 hours post application.
• Do not store above 30°C.
• Store in the original package.
Box of 1 blister card of 3 x 0.5 ml pipettes with a scored tip.
- tonic and supplements (3)
- miscellaneous (7)
- semen (3)
- equipment (8)
- semen A (6)
- about (3)
- Wayzon conferences & Round Table (13)
- Medical convoys (10)
- academy (6)
- Online webinar (18)
- Wayzon events (10)
- veterinary Tips (1)
- services (8)
- Pharmaceuticals (1)
- products (17)
- Antibiotics (6)
- anti inflammatory (2)
- parasiticide (3)